OpenNext allows you to deploy your Next.js apps using a growing list of frameworks.
The easiest way to deploy OpenNext to AWS is with SST (opens in a new tab). This is maintained by the OpenNext team and only requires three simple steps:
npx create-sst@latestin your Next.js app
- Deploy to AWS
npx sst deploy
For more information, check out the SST docs: https://docs.sst.dev/start/nextjs (opens in a new tab)
The OpenNext community has contributed deployment options for a few other frameworks.
- CDK (TS): https://github.com/jetbridge/cdk-nextjs (opens in a new tab)
- CDK (TS, Java, Go, Py, .NET): https://github.com/datasprayio/open-next-cdk (opens in a new tab)
- CloudFormation: https://github.com/serverless-stack/open-next/issues/32 (opens in a new tab)
- Serverless Framework: https://github.com/serverless-stack/open-next/issues/32 (opens in a new tab)
- Terraform: https://github.com/RJPearson94/terraform-aws-open-next (opens in a new tab)
- Terraform: https://github.com/nhs-england-tools/terraform-aws-opennext#diagrams (opens in a new tab)
To use these, you'll need to run the following inside your Next.js app.
$ npx open-next@latest build
If you are using OpenNext to deploy using a framework that is not listed here, please let us know so we can add it to the list.